According to a poll of employees at top organizations as listed in Universum’s 2014 Top 100 U.S. Employers, their best career advice included the following:
- Be yourself and when interviewing share your stories with confidence.
- Prioritize developing effective communication, leadership and problem solving skills.
- Be bold, when you want something, go for it.
- Make sure you love what you do. Follow your passions.
- Step out of your comfort zone and be open to taking on new challenges.
- Grow a strong network and surround yourself with positive, supportive people.
- Put yourself in situations that nurture your creativity.