Lena L. West is an award-winning social media consultant, blogger, speaker, and journalist. In a recent post, she listed her top truths for effectively using social media to promote your personal brand.
- Learn how to be personable without being personal.
- Social media and social networking are business tools, not a popularity contest.
- Social media is like voting; you may not like the system, but unless you vote, you don’t have a right to complain about the outcome.
- Don’t be boring by writing content that your market can find anywhere. Dig deep to identify and learn how to correctly represent your brand’s personality.
- Kill the brag-athon. There are numerous ways to toot your own horn without bragging.
- Don’t waste time – figure out your social media schedule and stick with it.